UCSF/SFGH Dean's Office - Computing & Network Services
Unified UCSF Enterprise Password Requirements
The following summarizes the Unified UCSF Enterprise Password Standard for My Access and Active Directory
- Password length must be a minimum of seven (7) characters.
- The maximum consecutive character repeat is (2) characters.
- Passwords must contain characters from at least three (3) of the following four (4) classes:
- Upper case letters (A, B, C, ….Z)
- Lower case letters (a, b, c, ….z)
- Numbers (0,1, 2, …9)
- Symbols such as:
- Easily guessed patterns such as dictionary words, dates, phone numbers, proper names, parts of login name, and minor variations on former passwords are prohibited.
- Five (5) invalid attempts to enter a userid and password will result in an account lockout. Contact the CNS Helpdesk (see info below) for assistance in unlocking an account.
- Passwords will be audited periodically for compliance by using automated password-cracker software.
To reach our helpdesk, call (415) 206-5126 or send us an e-mail.